GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Upgrade me  XML
Forum Index -> General Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PROPHESSOR

Hello everyone.

I'm writing to express my interest in contributing to the accuracy and completeness of Ukrainian city translations on your platform. As a native Ukrainian speaker, I've noticed a significant number of city names appear transliterated instead of their official Ukrainian counterparts, particularly when using the lang=uk filter. This inconsistency is really confusing for users and detracts from the overall user experience because the cities are sorted alphabetically and some part of them moved to the bottom because of latin symbols.

In an effort to correct these inconsistencies, I registered on the platform and was pleased to see that Ukrainian translations were already listed. However, these translations are not being used due to a prioritization issue.

Transliterated names currently have a higher priority, which means they are displayed in search results instead of the official Ukrainian names. When I attempted to correct this, I was informed that I require Level 2 access to make changes. As my current access level is only 1, I am unable to proceed.

Therefore, I kindly request that my access level be upgraded to Level 2. This will allow me to correct the prioritization of city names and ensure that Ukrainian users see the correct names for their cities.

Forum Index -> General Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Go to: