GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Upgrade me  XML
Forum Index -> General Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Next 
propriome

Hi everyone,

I'd like my userlevel increased as well, of course if possible...
I'm actually doing a lot of editing (better positions, new places, a lot of missing lighthouses) on coastlines worldwide with the help Noaa charts, modern and historical maps, pilot books and several other sources.
emrah

Hi,

I am a Foursquare superuser level 3 from Turkey. Nowadays I’ve started working on correcting some names in Turkey (started from the county names). Can I request a level increase please?

And I have few more questions (if it’s not the right the place to ask them on this thread; please forgive me, I’m newbie on this forum)

-What’s the policy to lock/unlock ADMs, PPLs on Geonames? When someone breaks this data, Foursquare data also affects. So is it okay to lock some/all ADM1-4, PPL1-4 in Turkey?

-If the answer below is positive (means yes, it’s ok to lock them) here is another question; If I’m upgraded to level 2, can I lock the counties when they are all set? If I can’t lock them, can someone please help me to lock them?

-How can I contact Turkish ambassador of Geonames (Mr. Dinçer Kavraal)?

-What’s the best way to ask about a subject on Geonames; this forum or the GoogleGroups (I’ve subscribed to the group too)?

Finally, feel free to ask me any questions about Turkey&Turkish. Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Emrah
stwchris

Hi Marc

Please could you upgrade my user level. I have lot of expertise in European destinations and there are spellings of Placenames I'd like to improve for "international English" users. I'm getting notifications I need to be Level 2 so far! I can be trusted...

Thanks

Chris
DowJones

[Avatar]

please upgrade my level for add / translate location in Russia. I have a Foursquare superuser level 2 (https://foursquare.com/kutuzzzov), and I want to help Geonames.
streetsummit

Hi. I want to correct a few names of Russian cities, but "the name is locked and may only be updated by users with a user level >= 2. Your current user level is 1".

Presnensky district is ADM3 of Central Administrative Okrug of Moscow, not MO. http://www.geonames.org/9881953/presnensky-district.html
Please upgrade me. Thanks
streetsummit

http://www.geonames.org/824998/gorod-dyat-kovo.html It's not adm2, it's town. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatkovo
Please upgrade me, "your user level is not sufficient for this update"
juantxo

Could you upgrade my level?

I am translating points of interest to spanish and linking them to the spanish Wikipedia.
marc

Hi juantxo

Thanks for your contributions. I have increased your user level.

Best Regards

Marc

[WWW]
timretout

Hi marc,

Is this the right place to ask for a userlevel increase? I run into this error from time to time. I'm mostly editing places in UK/Ireland, as I use geonames data at work and we sometimes get bug reports from customers.

Most recently, I wanted to edit 'East Croydon Railway Station' to be S>RSTN:

http://www.geonames.org/6619866/east-croydon-railway-station.html

And I'd probably change things like the population on the City of London, as per this thread:

http://forum.geonames.org/gforum/posts/list/33548.page

Anyway, thanks for GeoNames!

Tim

marc

Hi Tim

Thanks for your contributions. I have increased your userlevel.

Best Regards

Marc

[WWW]
Raphael

Hello,

is it possible to upgrade my user level?

I'm trying to upgrade some city population in France.

Thank you
hyvatti

[Avatar]

I would like to delete 824366, duplicate of 542435. Same names, the latter has more translations. I copied only piece of information, population over from the former, so no information is lost. Apparently the history of locations is not complete - starts from 2006? So I just guessed the smaller id is original and the other one is later duplicate.

I'm maintaining our company location database, and would like to contribute more, so I could be of more help if levelling up is possible.. thanks.
[WWW]
marc

Hi Jaakko

Thanks for your contributions.
I have deleted the duplicate and increased your user level.

Best Regards

Marc

[WWW]
kphair_maxmind

Hi there

I'm attempting to update the feature code for http://www.geonames.org/maps/google_34.151_-118.449.html from PPL to PPLX, and it looks like I need a user level upgrade to do so. Is it possible to have my account updated? My username is kphair_maxmind.
marc

Hi kphair

Thanks for your contributions. I have increased your user level.
I have also updated the feature you mention.

Best Regards

Marc

[WWW]
rachelinka

Hi, I found some places in Austria that have feature code ADMD, but should reallly be PPL, and I'm not allowed to make that change. Can I get a permission update so I can fix these?

thanks,
Rachel
marc

Hi Rachel

Thanks for your contributions. I have increased your userlevel.

Best Regards

Marc

[WWW]
raz

Hi all!

Could you possibly upgrade my level? I am a Foursquare SuperUser 9 and Google Maps Local Guide level 7. I've got a wide and deep knowledge about Finland names and more.

Presently I was looking at Helsinki Airport — which still appears under the name "Helsinki-Vantaa Airport". Cannot edit that, as I'm at level 1. The airport is known as "Helsinki-Vantaa" (Helsingfors-Vanda) in our domestic languages, Finnish & Swedish, only. They use the name Helsinki Airport in all international contexts, and in all other languages. (I know this through having worked directly with their brand).

Thanks in advance!
download69

the Russian names looks is correct

Tehran dentists list2
[WWW]
raz

Here's another superbly silly example: The region of Uusimaa (830709 Uusimaa in database) has recently gained a massive amount of arbitrarily translated names for itself.

e.g. somebody gave it an English name "Newland" — yes, that's a correct translation, but it's not the name of the region.

Same with Serbian "Нова Земља" which means New Land, but it's not the name of it, just a translation.

The region has only two names "Uusimaa" (Finnish) and Nyland (Swedish), both official languages of Finland
Extra translations should be removed. I'd be happy to do it, but would need an upgrade.

Then there are a more than a few translitterations, which, I guess, are at least helpful for someone not reading latin alphabet.

Forum Index -> General Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Next 
Go to: