GeoNames Home | Postal Codes | Download / Webservice | About 

GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
contribution from the Netherland Census bureau?  XML
Forum Index -> Postal Codes
jaapandre

Today I received (via somebody) the geonames postal dbdump for The Netherlands from geonames.org I noticed that quite some placenames/provinces are missing where lat/lon is available. I created from the Dutch Census Bureau (CBS: statline.cbs.nl) a file with postal code, placeName, placeCode, province. It could be a nice contribution, but I don't know whether their copyright permits it:
'Information may be quoted provided the source is stated accurately and clearly. Reproduction for own/internal use is permitted.'

Does somebody has experience with this?

Jaap-Andre
marc

Hi Jaap-Andre

This would be a very nice contribution. I fear we would have to ask permission to use the data for GeoNames. We don't have any problems giving credit to CBS, what does cause problems is "Reproduction for own/internal use is permitted". Not only do we use the data for our own use, the main goal of the GeoNames project is to collect free data and make them available.
Do you think you could ask them?

Thanks a lot.

Marc

[WWW]
Pinpon

Hello,

Jaap-Andre could you give us the exact link where you find postcodes on the CBS site ? I made some search but I don't understand dutch and there is a lot of pages on this website...

Forum Index -> Postal Codes
Go to: