GeoNames Home | Postal Codes | Download / Webservice | About 

GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
ZipCodes from Argentina - South America  XML
Forum Index -> Postal Codes
Javapower

Hi! I attach to this post the complete list of zipCodes from Argentina. There are a total of 20282 zipcodes.
I will be attaching soon the zipcodes from Capital Federal, Buenos Aires.
Greeting for all of you.

Description ZipCodes from Argentina [Disk] Download
 Filesize 1955 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  22158 time(s)

[Email]
marc

Great, thanks a lot. This is fantastic. Can you say something about the source, are we allowed to use it?

Cheers

Marc

[WWW]
Javapower

Yes, of course that you can use. I go to my local postal office and i request a list of all avaible zip codes for my country. So they gave me a disk with an excel with all zip codes to use it. I have to post the list codes from Capital Federal, that is a little bit complicate because is organized with street name and numbers. I will post it soon!.
Greetings!.
[Email]
marc

Hi

Thanks, I have inserted them in the DB, without lat/lng at the moment. I will geocode them later.
I have also added Correo Argentino as one of the data sources :
http://www.correoargentino.com.ar/

Cheers

Marc

[WWW]
Javapower

Hi marc!.
I actually working now with this site to get the street names and numbers with their zip code. Its a huge database and i will take a long but i will post them litle by litle.
Thanks a lot for putting in the DB.
Greetings.
[Email]
miamiman

Mr. Javapower:

Would you please confirm these Postal Codes for Argentina are current?

Some recent Argentine addresses have an alphanumeric systems for its postal codes, such as, @####@@@.

The four digit #### postal codes, I thought, were out-of-date.

Please confirm.

Thank you.

Javapower

Miamiman,
Yes. The system here is @####@@@. I'm actually working on this information, but it is huge. Be patient, in a few days i will post the first part.
Greetings!
[Email]
Javapower

The file i had seen early is 100% valid. You will see in the next post.
See ya!
[Email]
miamiman

Wow!

That would be great.

I look forward to seeing your post Javapower!
Javapower

Well, as i promised earlier i send now the first post with the information of the zipcodes from Capital Federal, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
To understand where are located the street, i post also two pics, one from the state of Buenos Aires, and then where is Capital Federal inside Buenos Aires.
Also, the Capital Federal is fragmented in several Neighborhood, you can see it in detail in the file "Barrios (Neighborhood).txt"
There are almost 2300 streets in Capital Federal. This first post is only the street begging with the letter "A".
The file "ZipCodes_Starting_With_A.rar" contains up to 170000 records with all the street names, street number and zipcode for each address.
The file "Street_Starting_With_A.txt" list all the street names begging with "A" with min.street number and max.street number for each neighborhood that the street apply in Capital Federal.
All this information is updated and is orginal. You can test it in http://www.correoargentino.com.ar/consulta_cpa/cons_capi.php.
In the next days i will working with the next set of streets begging with the letter "B" and i will post it.
Hope this post can be usefull and some day, this information can be geolocated.
Greeting for all!
 Description Complete list with all addresses begging with the letter "A" containing each one the zip code. [Disk] Download
 Filesize 408 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  10292 time(s)

Description There are two pics with Buenos Aires and Capital Federal. [Disk] Download
 Filesize 75 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  8619 time(s)

Description List of street from Capital Federal starting with the letter "A" and with some extra info. [Disk] Download
 Filesize 20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  9569 time(s)

[Email]
miamiman

Love it! This IS precision.
Javapower

Well, here is the second post with information. I am posting the streets begining with the letter "B" for Capital Federal, Buenos Aires.
Soon i will be posting the next set of data with letter "C".
Greeting for all!
 Description All the records (up to 120000) for the streets begining with "B" and all streets numbers for each one. [Disk] Download
 Filesize 332 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  10421 time(s)

Description The list of streets begining with the letter "B" and wich nighboorhud it matchs. [Disk] Download
 Filesize 17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  9433 time(s)

[Email]
rsmuckles

this is brilliant, thanks
miamiman

Hey Javapower,

Just wondering what ever happened to the rest of the Capital Federal?

Miamiman
maximocozzetti

I'd also like to hace the complete list
jenic0lau

Hi everyone!
While exhausting job of Javapower is completely great, I must say that Argentina uses both systems nowaday.
#### format is the traditional "Código Postal" (Zip Code), CP for short, and is still in use an valid.
@####@@@ format is the new "Código Postal Argentino" (Argentine Zip Code), CPA for short, and is only useful for postal delivery purposes --as a matter of fact Correo Argentino implemented it in order to improve postal delivery.
Having a complete list implies listing all the block sides IN THE COUNTRY!!! So I suggest using CP instead CPA.
Greets,
pabloab

Do you have any reference to validate this?
(1) #### == "Código Postal" (Zip Code) == CP
(2) @####@@@ == "Código Postal Argentino" (Argentine Zip Code) == CPA
I can only find the «Secretaría de Comunicaciones» resolution 1368/98 about CPA, using ISO 3166-2:AR.

Attached ZipCodesAR in ODS.

Some nerdy stats about Javapower .txt file:

Some CP are used on several cities:
Code:
   115 4301
     96 5753
     93 5701
     86 5721
     83 7600
     82 8353
        [...]

CPs used on diference provinces:
Code:
   3195 BUENOS AIRES
    2395 CORDOBA
    1947 SANTIAGO DEL ESTERO
    1250 SAN LUIS
    1212 CORRIENTES
    1096 TUCUMAN
    1078 ENTRE RIOS
     998 SANTA FE
     930 SALTA
     783 CATAMARCA
     712 LA PAMPA
     566 MENDOZA
     472 JUJUY
     464 NEUQUEN
     454 RIO NEGRO
     448 CHACO
     444 CHUBUT
     396 SAN JUAN
     370 LA RIOJA
     370 FORMOSA
     263 SANTA CRUZ
      48 TIERRA DEL FUEGO

Description Same info as Javapower ZipCodesAR.txt but in a convenient ODS spreadsheet. [Disk] Download
 Filesize 370 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  10651 time(s)

econinno

Hi, I'm a big fan of geonames. But just found out that the information for Argentina's postal codes seems rather incomplete. I noticed manually that some codes were missing, which I checked in the official postal office site (https://www.correoargentino.com.atr/formularios/cpa) and they should be there. For instance, 1614 Villa De Mayo, 1637 La Lucila, or 1710 Castelar, just to name a few (which are quite dense in population).

If it helps, I did a quick cross-check of which specific numbers are missing in the attached file. As a benchmark, I used a file from the web which is not an official source (so it is what it is). However, it seems that problem is of substantial magnitude.

Anyone knows if there is a fix for this?

Description seemingly missing zip codes in Argentina [Disk] Download
 Filesize 31 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  8567 time(s)

Forum Index -> Postal Codes
Go to: