GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
No postal codes in database dump  XML
Forum Index -> Postal Codes Go to Page: 1, 2, 3  ...  9, 10, 11 Next 
Anonymous

Hi @all,

i haven´t found any postal codes in the database dump. Is that correct. I would like to have them e.g. for Germany. Is there any possibility to get them?

marc

Hi

We have separated the postal codes from the geographical names as for many names (mountains, lakes, etc) its impossible and it does not make sense to use a postal code.
It is easier for us and for our users to separate general names from postal code names. Postal codes are therefore in a separate dump file, which is currently not available for general download as we don't want to feed search engine spammers. (The ones creating thousand of pages with place names and having google ads as only content.)
We believe for 'serious' applications the use of a webservice makes more sense. Drop an email to info@geonames.org if you need the postal code dump file. (And if you are not a spammer )

[WWW]
Anonymous

Hello,

i send you an email about the possibility to have this db about belgium if possible.

Thx a lot to you.

Cedric.c
scalaneo

i need the postal codes dump for germany...
can you help me with a link via "private message"?

thank you!
iFAO

Hi there,

We would also like to use your postal code data dump for the QA for our global hotel database currently containing about 100.000 properties.

Would you please be so kind to advise the procedure to obtain the postal code dump as a separate file?

Thank you very much in Advance,
Alexander Schott
CTO
i:FAO Group
[WWW]
Anonymous

could you please send me a copy of the postal code db to "mb(at)aricars.de" ?

i tried contacting you via email at info(at)geonames.org - received an 554-error from your mailserver....

thx,
michael

AR Cars International GmbH
Entwicklung & Administration
Breite Str. 1-5
23552 Lübeck

Fon +49 (0)451 3999515
FAX +49 (0)451 3999510

http://www.aricars.de

Anonymous

i would also be very thankfull for a postal-code dumb. (if possible, the complete thing. but only germany would also be ok)

my e-mail is: pl(at)i22data.de

thank you veeeeery much!
Anonymous

hi. could you send me the postal code dump from Spain?.It's for a GIS project to finish my career.

alvarouniovi@yahoo.es

Thanks.
Guido

Geonames.org is really a great Idea! Congratulation and thank you.

i would also be very thankfull, if you could send a postal-code dumb to "guido(at)nultsch.de".
I will use this as the basic data to checkout the plausibility of registrations.

Thank you
Guido
sweden78

Hi,

I would also like to recieve a dump with postalcodes for Sweden. I would also to know if it is possible to receive for streetname level?

Please send to info (at) minakuponger (dot) se (remove @, dots and spaces..)

Also, is there a simple formula for the radius calculation you are using that is easily portable to c# for example?

Anyway, great service, keep it up!

ps. data will be used for a free coupon site where coupons will be grouped together by surrounding postalnumbers...
marc

There is a java class to calculate distances in the cvs, it should be easily portable to c# :

http://geonames.cvs.sourceforge.net/geonames/geonames/java/src/org/geonames/utils/Distance.java?view=markup

Marc

[WWW]
Anonymous

Thanks Marc,

How about to send me the postalcode dump? I am really eager to program the new functions =)
marc

The mail should already be in your inbox.

Marc

[WWW]
Guido

I use the postalcode dump since a couple of weeks.
This is the perfect completion to geonames services.
Thank u, really great
Anonymous

Can I receive a dump with postal codes for Poland? My email msteiner (at) gazeta (dot) pl thanks!.
Anonymous

First of all - amazing site. We'll be donating some money soon, as this is of great use to us.

We are implementing a web services means to exchange data, but in the meantime I could *really* use a dump of Postal Code information for New Zealand. In particular, I need:

- postal code
- latitude
- longitude

It would be nice to get the "Admin2" area as well, but that's not vital.

Thanks! Please let me know if there is anything more you need. You can e-mail me at: erik (at) archondev (dot) com
Anonymous

Hello,
I need the Postal code for germany too, please send at: plz@tripsbytips.com

Big thx
Anonymous

Hi Marc,
I sent a request to the info (at) geonames (dot) org.

Our new service is using the API right now for global postal code lookup. its working well, but would like to convert to database to reduce the number of network calls and parsing.

Let me the the requirements for the global postal code database dump that you maintain. We will gladly donate / give full credit where needed.

You can contact me at clientcare (at) soaptray (dot) com.

Thank you kindly.
Anonymous

Can you send me postal codes from spain to geonames (at) zaitez.com?

tanks a lot.
GhostFaceKillaz

I would like to have postalcodes dump for Switzerland.

Thx in advance.
cheers

Forum Index -> Postal Codes Go to Page: 1, 2, 3  ...  9, 10, 11 Next 
Go to: