GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
mailing list versus forum  XML
Forum Index -> General
luftikus143

Hi there,

congratulations for this site! Finally I found what I was looking for... at least almost. I'd always wanted so see something like this under Wikipedia; and as far as I understand they envisage a similar thing...

A bit strange though to find forum and mailing list for the same project... Do I miss something if I consult only one of them? Or are they somehow kept harmonious?
marc

Hi luftikus143

some users prefer the forum, others the mailing list. Both have their pros and cons.
In the forum you can easily post anonymously and if you login you can edit/delete the message afterwards (to correct spelling errors...).

Choose whatever you like. Discussions relevant for many user are better posted to the mailing list.

Marc

[WWW]
luftikus143

Sure that each one has an advantage (and disadvantage). But, using mailing lists and forums professionally a lot, I was (and partly still am) a bit confused, to wether I should use for posting comments, suggestions or questions.

As you indicated, it seems that the mailing list is more appropriate for a wider audience...

Thanks for the answer!

Forum Index -> General
Go to: