GeoNames Home | Postal Codes | Download / Webservice | About 

GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Importing *all* geonames tables to mysql  XML
Forum Index -> FAQ - frequently asked questions Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
lexiz

dportabella wrote:

wget http://download.geonames.org/export/dump/admin1Codes.txt
wget http://download.geonames.org/export/dump/admin1CodesASCII.txt 

These two didn't work for me initially, they gave me a 404 error. It seems that admin1Codes.txt is no longer on the data download page here, but admin2Codes.txt is, so I tried that and it worked. Does anyone know if this is the same? I'm pretty sure since there isn't any other admin#Codes.txt available there.

I'm not sure why but after I got admin2Codes.txt to download, then admin1CodesASCII.txt worked.
psalvaro

New allCountries.txt and alternateNames.txt files uses full Unicode (4-Byte UTF-8 Unicode encoding). MySQL utf8 charset only supports 3-Byte UTF-8 Unicode encoding. MySQL version 5.5.3 introduced a new encoding called utf8mb4 which maps to proper UTF-8 and thus fully supports Unicode.

Set table charset and collation to "CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_ci" and use CHARACTER SET 'utf8mb4' to LOAD DATA and the "invalid utf8 character string" error goes away.
xezen

keep getting this error MySQL Database Error: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'equivalent' at row 1

no matter what i try is there now new dump or .sql file avalable

as the msaccess database is also not avalable for download
hillrivers

How to solve this error?

[SQL] LOAD DATA INFILE 'data/allCountries.txt' INTO TABLE geoname CHARACTER SET 'utf8mb4' (geonameid,name,asciiname,alternatenames,latitude,longitude,fclass,fcode,country,cc2, admin1,admin2,admin3,admin4,population,elevation,gtopo30,timezone,moddate);
[Err] 1062 - Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'

Forum Index -> FAQ - frequently asked questions Go to Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Go to: