GeoNames Home | Postal Codes | Download / Webservice | About 

GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Europe Postal codes  XML
Forum Index -> Postal Codes
jromero

Great Job here and congratulations for this amazing database.

I'm responsable for developing a logistic application for an small company in spain and i'm thinking to use the data under the your licence.

I have 2 guys assigned to integrate with your project for the next 2 weeks, so perhaps we can also contribute to your project at same time.

So far I only got one big problem and is UK postal codes that are uncompleted just 3 digits and the customers wants the complete code, i will start to investigate imediatly to get all that info and perhaps we can work out something together.

In another way i have a complete database (from the post office) I bought from germany and france to cross check with your database to ensure is all up to date with the official postal codes avariable just now.

And because this project is very much alive i was thinking perhaps I can help to create a webservice to batch update my database on real time insted of use the zip files you are offering. We can also speak about use an alterntive server in our office for this so you will not get any extra resources consumption.

thanks to be there .

marc

Hi

UK postal codes are copyright protected by Royal Mail. You have to buy it on their website.
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?catId=400120&mediaId=400084

There are some projects like www.npemap.org.uk that are collecting postal codes from users as a community effort.

Cheers

Marc

[WWW]
hanzalpetr

Hallo Marc,
and ather EU contries are somewhere available?
Thanks
Petr Hanzal
[Thumb - hpsc146.jpg]
 Description [Disk] Download
 Filesize 133 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1513 time(s)

Forum Index -> Postal Codes
Go to: