GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Fixing duplicate ADM1 regions  XML
Forum Index -> Administrative Divisions
round-planet

Hello,
for the usage on my site 'www.round-planet.com', I have corrected all the ADM1 regions that had a duplicate region code different of '00' in my own internal database.
I am attaching the file with a php and a SQL source that lists the fixes.

Tell me if it helps... if you want to integrate the fixes in your database, that would save me the need to re-fix each time I update my data.

Thanks for the great job!

Pascal
 Description [Disk] Download
 Filesize 1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1719 time(s)

Description [Disk] Download
 Filesize 701 bytes
 Downloaded:  1658 time(s)

visit round-planet: http://www.round-planet.com/fr/diaporama.php3
[WWW]
marc

Hi Pascal

Thanks for your updates. I have updated the database.
There is also a wiki-edit form on our website for updates, most updates except setting admincodes for admin regions can be done directly with your browser. The admin codes for an admin region is a bootstrapping thing and needs to be done directly on the database.

Marc

[WWW]
round-planet

Thanks, Marc;
I knew about the 'bootstrapping thing', that's why I resolved myself to write to you for this; I might also progress on the other (about 330) admin1 codes that are used in any of the lines of the allCountry file, that do not have an ADM1 entry with the corresponding code; that will take some time, though, but I believe about 70% to 80% should be easily cleanable by using you published ASCII admin list and or Wiki.

Thanks again.

Pascal (from France)

visit round-planet: http://www.round-planet.com/fr/diaporama.php3
[WWW]
StarSteve

marc wrote:
Hi Pascal

Thanks for your updates. I have updated the database.
There is also a wiki-edit form on our website for updates, most updates except setting admincodes for admin regions can be done directly with your browser. The admin codes for an admin region is a bootstrapping thing and needs to be done directly on the database.

Marc 

>> There is also a wiki-edit form on our website for updates
but where ???

cu Stefan
marc

Hi Steve

The edit form is an overlay over the map display. Just click on the 'edit' link to add population data, the 'move' link to correct the position and the 'alternate names' link to add the name of the place in another language. There is a short manual for adding new places, editing is the same :
http://www.geonames.org/manual.html

Cheers

Marc

[WWW]

Forum Index -> Administrative Divisions
Go to: