GeoNames Home | Postal Codes | Download / Webservice | About 

GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Madagascar ADM1  XML
Forum Index -> Administrative Divisions
holland25

Hey guys. Madagascar lost its ISO codes a long time ago (in 2019) and since then, everything comes back without ADM1. It's been 3 years and it's fairly annoying. Any chance you could add some "temporary" codes to the divisions? Based on, for example, the GeoNames ones, and then replace them with the official ones once they are made available? I've talked to the ISO twice in the last 2 years and they promised me to add them but they never did
marc

Hi

Can't you switch to the geonames codes where the iso codes are missing? I think it would be confusing to add specific iso code attributes and fill them with wrong values.

Best Regards

Marc

[WWW]
holland25

The problem is I can't. We're strictly ISO based (that's why I asked for some "fake" ones for the countries that don't have them assigned a couple years back). If a country doesn't, we can't do much with it. And Madagascar used to but then they changed their divisions and the new ones still don't. 13 years later (and 3 years after you guys retired the old ones). It's super frustrating and this would solve the problem (temporarily, until the official ones finally magically appear)

Forum Index -> Administrative Divisions
Go to: