GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Consistently incorrect coordinates for GeoCode Address  XML
Forum Index -> General
nclark

Greetings!

This is my first post on the GeoNames forums, so I am not super familiar with protocol here. If this post belongs somewhere else, I apologize, and I will happily make a new post wherever it does belong, given direction.

I am attempting to use the GeoNames Address GeoCoding service, with ReST API endpoint http://api.geonames.org/geoCodeAddress?username={username}&q={searchString}. I am attempting to do this using a Java ResteasyWebTarget class.

Often times, this endpoint returns a response containing the correct coordinate pair. However, seemingly randomly, I will receive the coordinate pair, 42.96336,   -85.66809. This seems to occur regardless of the address search string, and it also seems that retrying with the exact same search string will almost always return the correct coordinates.

I am wondering if this is a known issue, or if any of you have ever stumbled upon this problem (and if so, how you went about solving it). Any insight or helpful information would be very much appreciated!

Forum Index -> General
Go to: