GeoNames Home | Postal Codes | Download / Webservice | About 

GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Do recent changes made by users make it to daily dumps or is there an approval procedure?  XML
Forum Index -> General
murchik

The story as short as possible. Chinese city Liyang aka Liyang Shi: http://www.geonames.org/1802781/liyang-shi.html is missing from city dump files. I assumed that the reason is that population info is not filled in, so a couple of days ago I went ahead and copied the info from the Wikipedia article. Yet the city is still missing from the dump.

What might be the problem here? Is there something else that's missing for the city to make it to the dump? Is there an approval process on the recent changes made by new users? Is there any other documentation other than the readme file at the exports page? Or any other info I should familiarize myself with before asking for help here maybe?

Another possibly related problem is that there might be a duplicate — Licheng city aka Liyang Cheng (ID 180278, which has more precise coordinates and similar alt-names, but way lower population… I'm not sure if it is the same city or not, though. Both Shi (市) and Cheng (城) basically mean city, so I'm suspecting duplication. Now this city is present in the dump files.

Forum Index -> General
Go to: