GeoNames Home | Postal Codes | Download / Webservice | About 

GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
I can't create a populated place that overlap a historical populated place  XML
Forum Index -> General
Heleen

The places 'Son' (2747010) and 'Breugel' (2758336) (both part of the municipality 'Son en Breugel' (2747009) merged in 2011 to the place 'Son en Breugel' (and is still part of the municipality ' Son en Breugel'). 'Son' and 'Breugel' are in GeoNames historical populated places, but the place 'Son en Breugel' is not added to GeoNames. I've tried to add 'Son en Breugel' as a populated place, but I can't because when I do I get the message that I'm trying to duplicate a record, but I am sure that 'Son en Breugel' is not yet included in GeoNames.

Url resolutions municipality Son en Breugel concerning the merging of 'Son'. and 'Breugel' tot 'Son en Breugel': https://www.sonenbreugel.nl/bestuur-en-organisatie/besluitenlijst-bw_44201/item/openbare-besluitenlijst-bw-dd-26-juli-2011_38147.html (I am sorry, it is in Dutch)

I hope somebody can tell me why I can't add 'Son and Breugel' as a place.

Heleen
marc

Hi Heleen

I think you are confusing things in particular the difference between administrative divisions and populated places.
Son and Breugel are not historic populated places, they still exist. At least I can see houses on the satellite images. 'historic' means the houses have been abandoned or destroyed.

They might be considered PPLX (section of populated place) if you want to express that they are part of a bigger entiy. In this case I don't have the impression this would be correct. On the satellite images they look rather distinct. I have changed them back to PPL.

I have added Son en Breugel as PPLA2 and moved the postalcodes from Son to it
http://www.geonames.org/11776989/son-en-breugel.html

Best Regards

Marc

[WWW]
Heleen

Hi Marc,

Thank you for your helpful repsonse.

Best regards,

Heleen

Forum Index -> General
Go to: