GeoNames Home | Postal Codes | Download / Webservice | About 

GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Unable to update hierarchy  XML
Forum Index -> General
rachelinka

Hi, I am trying to update the admin1/admin2 hierarchy on entries in the area around Dublin, Ireland. In many cases, although a message "Hierarchy has been updated" is displayed, the update doesn't stay and the missing/wrong hierarchy stays in place. Sometimes the updates do work, but often they just don't stick.

Is this a permissions issue? A bug? Can it be fixed?

thanks,
Rachel

marc

Hi Rachel

Is it repeatable or does it happen now and then? Do you have to login again after it had happened?

Bye the way: I have just found the boundary polygons for the provinces and counties and will be able to run an automated update to assign the adm1/2 codes for IE.

Best Regards

Marc

[WWW]
rachelinka

I logged out and back in, and it's still happening but not consistently. Examples:

ID 3315284 - Deansgrange. The admin2 hierarchy refers to historic county Dublin on the main geo entry display. In the hierarchy edit window it displays as No Admin2. I updated it to Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown and got a message "Hierarchy has been saved", but when I reload the page and look at this entry again, it still shows Dublin, and the hierarchy edit window still shows No Admin2.

ID 3315283 - Kill of the Grange. Same admin hierarchy as Deansgrange, but when I updated the Admin2 region to Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown, that stayed in place and after I reload the page, it's showing the new hierarchy correctly.
rachelinka

To follow up: I tried again today with some other geo entries and was able to update the hierarchy. However now when I try changing the hierarchy on Deansgrange and Kill of the Grange, the change doesn't stick. (maybe that's by design as the hierarchy is now correct for those...)

As far as I can tell, you've completed the updates and the majority of records do now have the correct admin hierarchy so there's no need to update these any more. Thanks for taking care of that, i think we can consider this issue closed.

Forum Index -> General
Go to: