GeoNames Home | Postal Codes | Download / Webservice | About 

GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
UNCTAD LOC Codes  XML
Forum Index -> Discussion of GeoNames Toponyms
TIBC1

Recommend that under the alternate names section that you include the UNCTAC LOC code IAW http://www.unece.org/cefact/locode/service/location.html (ISO 3166)

First 2 digits are country code and last 3 digits location specific. If facilities are in international waters or cooperation zones, country code element “XZ” is used. Some codes are from the GISIS ISPS database.

Example: Bissau, Guinea-Bissau: UNCTAD: GWOXB.

The entry would appear as follows:

code lang alternate name
unctad UNECE GW OXB

UNCTAD codes for Guinea-Bissau may be found @ http://www.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/cefact/locode/gw.htm

You list IATA/ICAO Airport codes, why not UNCTAD LOC codes, too?

CARLOS J. TIBBETTS

PS: I would appreciate a response as I am prepared to start adding these UNCTAD LOC codes to all port locations (inland and sea). Please advise. I would also like to add links to WIKIMAPIA sites that shown the boundaries and identities of sea and inland ports. Again please advise. I have already started to add links to websites for individual ports.

I am attaching a Ports Internet file that I maintain on Tunisian ports for your information and use. I maintain files with links to 20,937 ports and 2,502 railroads worldwide. I have started adding this information to GEONAMES as I come upon them. I very much appreciate the value of this site and would be willing to become an editor focusing on maritime/port information/ locations, if you wish. I have 40+ years in this industry.

Description This file contains 2,173 URL hypertext links to 77 Tunisian ports. [Disk] Download
 Filesize 1373 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  10905 time(s)

CARLOS J. TIBBETTS
Yokohama, Japan
[Email]

Forum Index -> Discussion of GeoNames Toponyms
Go to: