GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Binaced, town in Spain  XML
Forum Index -> Discussion of GeoNames Toponyms
incanus

Hi,

at the binaced entry in geonames, appears the catalonian name as Binacet. I don't know if it's the name recognized in catalonia, but in mi opinion, an Aragonese town as Binaced, hasn't got name in catalonian. And if it had it, it won't be Binacet, because it's the wrong way that use a lot of people to write Binaced if they haven't seen it written, only listened it.
For example, Madrid in catalonian it's written Madrid but it's pronuncied Madrit. Then, Binaced in catalonian should be written Binaced, and pronuncied Binacet.

I think too that it cames from the subjective opinnion of who wants that the "franja" (a part of Aragon) should be part of Aragon. I don't like that people use this web as a political instrument.

so, I wait a response, and if it doesn't come, I will delete de name thinking that i'm right about it.

I'm sorry if i'm wrong and i hope not to offend anyone.

incanus

URL : http://www.geonames.org/3128017/binaced.html
incanus

well, if anyone reply the post, i'll delete it

cheers
incanus
emj

First sorry for bumping an old post.

You are taking an political stance by removing catalonian names, if they exist they exist it's not going to be less political just because you remove them. Cities have different names they can even have names that the citizens of that city never has heard of.

Bryssel is a good example, or Peking. They are not in the same class as the political ones, e.g. finnish names in Sweden, or catalonian names in Aragon.

Forum Index -> Discussion of GeoNames Toponyms
Go to: