GeoNames Home | Postal Codes | Download / Webservice | About 

GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Missing codes and errors  XML
Forum Index -> Postal Codes
Fuzzy Orange

Doing a recent project i've noticed nearly all northern ireland codes are missing

Is there a reason for this?

Also the results returned for the channel islands are about 10miles north of the island in the sea!!
marc

I have just updated the "Isle of Man" codes with the newest data from http://www.npemap.org.uk/ Guernsey and Jersey are already on the islands as far as I can see. The Isle of Man should be correct now.

I don't know much about Northern Ireland. There are about 280 codes in the newest npe dump not yet included in the geonames database. There is some information about Scotland and Northern Ireland on the npe website :
http://www.npemap.org.uk/scotlandAndNI.html

Do you think it would be useful to include the full npe dump in the geonames database?
The problem is that there are no place names in the npe dump and I don't have time to find the missing place names. We can add the outward and inward postal codes from npe and freethepostcode.org in the geonames database and webservices without place names. Or someone volunteers to find the place names for the 280 missing outward locations. What do you think?

Cheers

Marc

[WWW]
Fuzzy Orange

Marc,

My client is now having problems as they are adding locations in northern ireland and of course the geonames web service isnt returning any co-ordinates as the northern irish post codes are missing

Is there any chance we could get these added in without place names?

If someone needs to go through and find local town names for each co-ordinate I'll do it

Thanks!
marc

Hi

The problem for Northern Ireland is not only the lack of place names, the main problem is that there is no free postal code list available.

Marc

[WWW]

Forum Index -> Postal Codes
Go to: