1. http://www.geonames.org/3568968/america.html additional relations not covered by the tree admin hierarchy:
class code id name action
L CONT 6255150 South America
L RGN 7729890 Northern America
L RGN 7729892 Central America
L RGN 7730009 Latin America and the Caribbean
But looking at http://geotree.geonames.org/3568968/, this is a small village in Cuba! (Note: there's also another village America in Argentina)
You can imagine the mess this creates if you try to use the gn:parentFeature hierarchy.
3. What's the difference between 7729890 Northern America and 6255149 North America?
10. What is the best way to ensure consistency of the hierarchy? I can see that making changes one place at a time can easily lead to errors.
11. Are there explicit Parent links to Earth? Or are they generated in the RDF export by some other means?
12. Is there a chance for http://geotree.geonames.org/ to show the non-admin hierarchy too? That would make such problems more visible.
13. The hierarchy is single-parented, right? Is this enforced?
14. The non-admin Parent & Child links are inverses. Is this enforced?
15. For a country, what does parent "adm1 = general(00)" mean?
16. What's the best way to report such problems?
17. What's the best way to fix such problems? Using the web UI?