error while saving: no code defined for this admin division.  XML
Forum Index -> FAQ - frequently asked questions
hmgauna

Hi everybody.

I got this error while trying to save some changes:
« error while saving:
no code defined for this admin division. »

I'll give the detail of what I've done:

1) I changed 3837856 from Populated Place to administrative division, third order. [This is Bariloche, and is in fact a Municipio, in a Departamento, part of a Province]
2) Tried to put Centro Cívico (a popular square in Bariloche) inside Bariloche (as a third order admin div).

Then I get this error.

Do you know why this is happening? Is it something not yet refreshed?

PS 1: I notice that many administrative divisions are not set in that detailed way. I try to figure if this is incomplete information

PS 2: Bariloche is a Municipio but also the seat of the Departamento -> Seat of a second order div. How should that be set in the system?

If those PS need to be in a new thread, please feel free to move them to the right one.

Thanks!

Hernán
marc

Hernán

1) the admin divisions need a respective admin code and this code is not yet assigned automatically. So when you create a new adm3 (out of an admd) there is no adm3 code and you cannot link other toponyms to it. I have now assigned the geonameid as adm3 code because I don't know the good code. Normally we use an official code used in the country, like for statistical purposes. (in Spain called the INE code, maybe similar in Argentina)

2) For this duplicate functionality we use two entries. One of the featureclass 'P' to represent the populated place, another one with the featureclass 'A' to represent the admin divisions. Often smaller populated places are distinct as city/village, but are administered in the same admin division.

Best

Marc

[WWW]

Forum Index -> FAQ - frequently asked questions
Go to: