GeoNames Home | Postal Codes | Download / Webservice | About 

GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Problem with duplication check  XML
Forum Index -> General
synvinkel

Something has happen with the duplication check the last days.

Example, when i try to add Parco Naturale dei Nebrodi as L.PRK i get the error ”duplication” but no reference to a another object. The park doesn't exists in geonames.

http://www.geonames.org/maps/google_37.933_14.7.html

This type of error didn't occur a couple of days ago. But now I get it everywhere. Has something change? Does anybody else got the same problem?
marc

Hi

There was a bug in an improvement of the duplication check. Previoulsy duplicates could have happend when someone pressed the save button twice in a row.
The bug with the new duplication check is fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards

Marc

[WWW]
Beddhist

There are still problems with duplication check. I wanted to add Padang Besar Railway Station in Malysia. No go, because the town on the other side of the border has the same name and an entry for the railway station already exists. I got a red box telling me so.

Great, I thought, I just change the country in the dialog box for the new one, that was still open. Only, without telling me the entry for the existing station was updated. I had to undo this manually.

So, we have two problems:

a duplicate needs to be created, but it won't let me.

the dialog box for the new entry morphs into one for the old entry and the user makes changes to that without knowing.

Regards,
Peter.
[WWW]

Forum Index -> General
Go to: