GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Japan Postal Codes set missing 13,000 records with leading zeroes???  XML
Forum Index -> Postal Codes
RD58

Hi,

I have a list of about 114,130 unique Japanese postal codes but no latitude/longitude info.

I have looked and it seems that the JP.txt dataset on this site is missing the entire block of postal codes that have leading zeroes. There are over 7800 Hokkaido Postal Codes missing, about 2000 from both Aomori and Akita, and about 1600 missing from Iwate. All begin with leading zeroes, for example the city of Sapporo, Hokkaido has a postal of 0010013. It and all others with leading zeroes are missing. The first one in the JP.txt dataset is Chiyoda in the Tokyo prefecture with post code 1000001.

Anyone know where to get the Lat/Lon info for leading zero Japan postcodes?

Many thanks, ~Richard
rhymejerky

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have the exact same problem. Looks like the db is missing a lot of Japanese postal codes. Looking for other postal code correction/insertion, I will have to find those missing and have them imported? Is that the path to go?
marc

Thanks for offering your help. If you have a good dataset (license compatible) we will import it. I have heard that for Japan official address data exists, but unfortunately I don't speak Japanese and I am not able to read those pages.

Best

Marc

[WWW]

Forum Index -> Postal Codes
Go to: