GeoNames Home | Postal Codes | Download / Webservice | About 

GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
duplicated ADM2 - GB - Hampshire  XML
Forum Index -> Administrative Divisions
alanboo

There is only one duplicated for ADM2 (for known ADM2 codes != 00 )

GB - F7 is diplicated and the old one called "hampshire" (geonameid --> 2647554 ) has a lot of alternate names... the new one 2647555 is called "county of hampshire" (and i think that this name is the standard..)

So 2647554 should be removed but its alternate names should be copied to 2647555

or

Rename 2647554 to "County of Hampshire" and remove 2647555

Thanks
marc

I have removed 2647555.

Marc

[WWW]
RamblersNeil

Hi - new user here representing the Ramblers in the UK. Using your excellent database via the API on our new website. We've noticed a couple of missing second-order administrative divisions from changes made to unitary authorities last year - namely West Northamptonshire and North Northamptonshire. I looked to see if I could add them myself, but it seems not? I wondered if there was a way I could do it, or if not, when those new ADM2s might be added?

Many thanks
Neil Gunn (The Ramblers)
RamblersNeil

Hi - new user here representing the Ramblers in the UK.

Using your excellent database via the API on our new website. We've noticed a couple of missing common names from the database in England - namely 'Hull' (you have Kingston upon Hull but it is commonly known just as Hull).

Also 'Westminster' doesn't return a result related to the City of Westminster - which a lot of our users have tried.

I have attempted to add those to the map but it appears I don't have the necessary admin privileges.

Many thanks
Neil Gunn (The Ramblers)

Forum Index -> Administrative Divisions
Go to: