GeoNames Home | Postal Codes | Download / Webservice | About

GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page
[Register] Register /
[Login] Login
Russia, two admin1 regions are missing  XML
Forum Index -> Administrative Divisions
Author Message
donald128

Joined: 29/04/2009 17:38:01
Messages: 6
Offline

Here's the story.

I've noticed that a Russian city of Chaikovskiy refers to "RU.90" region
And this region is absent in admin1Codes.txt file.

So I thought it was error and decided to fix it on geonames by myself.

I navigated to Chaikovskiy and attempted to change the region to the proper value - "Permskiy kray".
The operation failed with the following error
"error while saving:
no code defined for this admin division."

And then I looked at the HTML source for the combo-box. You see the codes are missing for Permskaya Oblast’ and Permskiy Kray.

<option value="RU.undefined">Permskaya Oblast’</option>
<option value="RU.undefined">Permskiy Kray</option>
<option value="RU.59">Primorskiy Kray</option>

Can you fix it?

Thanks, Pavel.
marc

Joined: 08/12/2005 07:39:47
Messages: 4412
Offline

Hi Pavel

I have deleted one entry for the Perm region and have assigned the other with the admin code '90'.

Best

Marc

[WWW]
donald128

Joined: 29/04/2009 17:38:01
Messages: 6
Offline

Hey, Mark!
Thank you for so much effort you put in the db support.

> I have deleted one entry for the Perm region and have assigned the
> other with the admin code '90'.

Well, you have deleted the wrong one
Permskaya Oblast' is a part of Permskiy Kray since December 1 of 2005.
You better name RU.90 as "Permskiy Kray"

The source is this wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perm_Krai

RU.90 now appeared in admin1CodesASCII.txt, but it is missing in admin1Codes.txt.

Thanks!
marc

Joined: 08/12/2005 07:39:47
Messages: 4412
Offline

Hi Pavel

It is now in both files and I have also renamed it.

Best

Marc

[WWW]
donald128

Joined: 29/04/2009 17:38:01
Messages: 6
Offline

Thanks!

marc wrote:
Hi Pavel

It is now in both files and I have also renamed it.

Best

Marc

Forum Index -> Administrative Divisions
Go to: