GeoNames Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Question about administrative areas  XML
Forum Index -> Administrative Divisions
Pelops

Hello,

I have been looking at some of the data present in the datasets. One particular error was that Greater London and West Midlands have the same country code, Admin1 and Admin2 (GB, ENG, 00).
I have then looked at the database to see which ids were matching the following tags, to realize that there are quite a few of them (3906 items).
I am not sure how I should fix that particular issue since I can't easily sort them out as areas. I don't know which code I should attribute to them.
In addition, I have looked at some of the items with the information found above and in this particular case, they don't have an admin 2 appearing, while I am sure it is present in the dataset.
I would appreciate some guidance on this particular issue.
I have also notice that there are several admin1 zones that are redundant (read A, ADM1 which are identical when they are clearly not identical). Again, I am not sure how to deal with those.

marc

Pelops

These are open issues and you are welcome if you want to help fix it. The code '00' stands for 'undefined and these regions have not yet received code.

Best

Marc

[WWW]

Forum Index -> Administrative Divisions
Go to: